winxp computer keeps restarting at startup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have this weird problem that when i try to turn on the computer, it brings me to the black screen with allthe options of loading into safe mode, safe modewith networking, last good configuration and start windows normally etc, and no matter which one i choose, my computer will restart, loading up again andbringing me back to thesame screen. so now i have no way of logging on to computer, let alone being able to startup at all. it's just one continuous cycle and it's frustrating. should i reformat my HD? what's wrong with my computer?

It is pity that I have the same problem with you.I try to resume it with xp-cd but failed. My be you can ,if format you disk ,all you improtant informations and softs may lost. :eek:

next time make multiple partitions of ur hard disk... that way if u need to reformat u just reformat windows and its software not all your documents and pictures and stuff

I am having the same problem... and i cant download or run anything on the cp because i cant get it started...?? how can i fix the problem?>

Spontaneous Reboots in mid-startup can often be a power issue. My computer did this when the power supply was going out. I kept pushing it, and it kept restarting, never even making it to Windows. Actually, it started happening faster and faster, after a few times, it wouldn't even make it past the P.O.S.T. I learned my lesson. My power supply went out, and i fried my motherboard, and 240 GB of Western Digital storage space. Thank God that was all. Mem and CPU were ok, amazingly, but new Power Supply fixed the problem. Smell the inside of your computer and smell the power supply. If you smell burnt electronics, there is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back