WinXP No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

I had an on-board audio which I cannot resolve using everything I've got from installing driver from the CD, uninstalled and reinstalled, downloaded driver from website but to no avail. I've check and make sure that the cable (speaker, headset) are working 100%, from mute and unmute volume and try every possible audio troubleshooting from Help and Support but still no success. Then I got myself a $13 dollars sound-card and disable on-board audio, but still no luck.

Both on-board and sound-card attempt, I could see the WMP playing the music but there is no sound coming out (that's weird), Volume Control can be adjust fine, under the Device Manager there aren't exclamation mark, Sounds and Audio Devices also active no sign of faulty driver. I am completely lost now, perhaps someone could guide me through this one

soundpa6.jpg

control panel>Sounds and multimedia Devices>audio tab
-select your primary audio devices for each catagories
-check box "use only default devices"
-Ok

WMP - check volume is unmuted by clicking on the mute button?

Thank 4 replying, but I am 100% certain checking those before asking the question. I am still not quite aware whether this due to the motherboard itself or the PCI slot (although I had switch at least 2 different of PCI slot)

go back to sounds and multimedia and click advanced to get the advanced volume control panel, check if any is muted or turned down.

try downloading a codec pack like k-lite megapack or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back