WinXP No Audio

By mephisto_007
Mar 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had an on-board audio which I cannot resolve using everything I've got from installing driver from the CD, uninstalled and reinstalled, downloaded driver from website but to no avail. I've check and make sure that the cable (speaker, headset) are working 100%, from mute and unmute volume and try every possible audio troubleshooting from Help and Support but still no success. Then I got myself a $13 dollars sound-card and disable on-board audio, but still no luck.

Both on-board and sound-card attempt, I could see the WMP playing the music but there is no sound coming out (that's weird), Volume Control can be adjust fine, under the Device Manager there aren't exclamation mark, Sounds and Audio Devices also active no sign of faulty driver. I am completely lost now, perhaps someone could guide me through this one

[​IMG]
  2. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

control panel>Sounds and multimedia Devices>audio tab
    -select your primary audio devices for each catagories
    -check box "use only default devices"
    -Ok

WMP - check volume is unmuted by clicking on the mute button?
  3. mephisto_007

mephisto_007 TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 305

Thank 4 replying, but I am 100% certain checking those before asking the question. I am still not quite aware whether this due to the motherboard itself or the PCI slot (although I had switch at least 2 different of PCI slot)
  4. rakeshupadh

rakeshupadh Newcomer, in training

hi ,

you check in to control penal in multimedia there u check u select as creative or other
  5. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

go back to sounds and multimedia and click advanced to get the advanced volume control panel, check if any is muted or turned down.

try downloading a codec pack like k-lite megapack or something.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.