WinXP PRO Shutdown problems. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, somebody might have posted this earlier, but I couldn't find it.
I have WinXP with SP2 and Norton Internet Security 2005. Whenever I try to shutdown or restart, the dialog box to end the program "CCAPP.EXE" comes up. When I do press 'End Now', after that no response and system neither shuts down or restarts. But I do not have any problems with system hibernation at all. Thanks in advance

Welcome to techspot!

That is a norton file that isn't shutting down.

Can I make a suggestion? Get rid of norton. It really is not worth the money. I had been using it for about 5 years and stopped one month ago. It did a fairly good job at protecting me (one virus did get in) but what surprised me was how much of a resource hog norton is. There are TONS of free software programs these days on the net that are doing an amazing job.

I use free antivirus and a free firewall and both are EXCELLENT programs. And the best part of it all, is my system speed is noticably better. After the change, my boot time was cut in half.

Anyways, if you don't want to dump norton, I suppose you could try and run a "repair" on it through the uninstall function.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back