WinZip Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a file that is 18 MB. My Yahoo and MSN email accounts will not support this size. So I zipped the file and tried to send it as an attachment that way. To my dismay, these email programs are still acting as if the file size is too large and the download is not completing. I tried the option on WinZip to directly send as an email attachment, but it automatically opens Outlook as the email program. I do not have a paid copy of Outlook so I cannot send it this way either. Is there anything I can do? I have a case study that I have to email to my class partners and have no way to get it to them. I am very frustrated, because I have tried everything in my knowledge.
Thanks!

winrar is.. sort-of free as well...

the issue here is that yahoo and msn i think from memory have a 10mb limit on file attachments, while i can't remember the limit for gmail. [edit: 10mb is the limit for gmail > http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8770&topic=1517 )

And yes, its annoying but both parties must be able to accept the size of file you are planning to send (example being like my ISP's webmail account only holds up to 5mb, so if i try and send 10mb its obviously going to bounce back)

If you can't send the file in smaller parts, how about sending it to a public file server and then sending that link to your friends?

Have you ever tried->

Yousendit.com

You can upload your file to them and send your classmates a link to dl the goods. I use it all the time for sharing music with my friends...

unless you have a membership with hotmail or yahoo, most of their file limits under free accounts are rather small.

You will either need to physically send them the program on a CD or purchase an upgrade account.

Yousendit has a free service that you can use without a membership.

There is another site that does the same called: megaupload.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back