Wireless audio for itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fw2004

Hi;
I'm looking for a way to stream my itunes from my PC to my stereo system.
I have been looking at several products. Not all of them will work with AAC protected files in itunes. Apparently the Logitec model # 9804140403 does work with protected itunes files. Reading the reviews on CNET, it looks like a decent choice, but according to one review, when connected, the device disables the local computer speakers. Is there a way to re-enable the computer speakers so that you have both sets working?

Apple has the Airport Express, which is designed to stream itunes but users are complaining about it's lack of signal strength, causing it to stop playing frequently. I would find that more annoying than having to run a wire!

My other option is to buy an inexpensive PC and load itunes to it, then copy all my itunes and play them from there. I already have a wireless network, so this would work.

What do you think?

Thanks

FW

I believe that the Logitech will work. I can't see how it disables your computer speakers. It might mute them but I'm sure you can turn them back on in the sound settings. It hooks up through USB correct? It should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back