Wireless Broadband and internet gaming problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doman64

Hi,

Rencently i got wireless broadband to my house. I tried to log in into starcraft to play on battle.net and it wouldn't let me connect. I've tried to log in into Everquest 2, same things happens, says something about a server time out. I was wondering if anyone had problem with wireless broadband and multiplayer gaming? I was told that I could try to get a static IP address and it may help me with my problem.

thanks

I forgot to say that it doesn't do that with every game, i can log in to World of Warcraft with no problem.

Doman64 said:
Hi,

Rencently i got wireless broadband to my house. I tried to log in into starcraft to play on battle.net and it wouldn't let me connect. I've tried to log in into Everquest 2, same things happens, says something about a server time out. I was wondering if anyone had problem with wireless broadband and multiplayer gaming? I was told that I could try to get a static IP address and it may help me with my problem.

thanks

I forgot to say that it doesn't do that with every game, i can log in to World of Warcraft with no problem.
Check your firewall settings. Since you're using a router, you should make sure your Windows Firewall is turned off (or if you have a security suite from Norton or someone else, ensure that firewall is turned off too.)

I don't have any router or any firewall turned on (i dont have any antivirus installed or firewall installed right now only the windows firewall but it's turned off)

My mistake, sorry. I presumed you meant you have a wireless router when you said wireless broadband. Anyhow, try flushing your Internet caches and SSL state in Internet Options. If it still is a problem, re-post.

almcneil said:
My mistake, sorry. I presumed you meant you have a wireless router when you said wireless broadband. Anyhow, try flushing your Internet caches and SSL state in Internet Options. If it still is a problem, re-post.

didnt work, any more suggestion?

Did you go to the web site for the game host and check their FAQ for possible resolutions? That's what I would do.

I did, they told me at the end to contact my ISP. Contacted my ISP and they told me to contact SoE and Blizzard first....

Just to let you guys know after a lot of research i found out that my problem was that i did not have a static IP address, now everything is working perfectly.

how did you obtain ur static IP add? any configurations?

pls tell me i got the same problem too

tnx

you can obtain a static IP from your Internet Service Provider. Since static IP's are limited, i have to pay 10$ a month for it (you can always give it a try to see if it helps with your problem) there's no big configuration to do, for me the only thing i had to do was to put the numbers for the IP address, the subnet mask and the default gateway (which your ISP should give you) under TCP/IP properties in my local area connection( network connections in control panel) if you have a router then you may have to configure you router instead.

hope it will help you. I wanted to thank everyone that replied to my post. Hopefully this info will help gamers that are stuck with wireless broadband :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back