Wireless carriers testing technology that would share your strong signal with others

By Shawn Knight
Nov 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. An Austin, Texas, startup by the name of M87 has come up with what will no doubt be a controversial technology to improve weak wireless signals. By using an implementation of a technique known as mesh networking, phones with a...

Read more
  2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,425   +470

Nowadays cellphones battery already drop fast enough, so no thank you!
    Arris likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

I don't mind, it's my battery so I want to be able control the price. I'm quite happy to accept Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club etc at standard rates + VAS negotiable and... APPLE PAY with premium rates, no VAS and not negotiable of course.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    davislane1 likes this.
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,425   +470

So with what will you be paying for that extra quirk INTO your connection? Visa, Mastercard, Diners, Apple Pay or Paypal?...
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

I have no idea. This is something we're unlikely to see in my country anyway so I'm not concerned about it.
  6. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 862   +353

No thanks. Even with the 4,000mAH battery in my phone, I never leave the wi-fi on unless I am actively using it.
  7. Are these carriers supported by Democrats by any chance?
    Hexic and LongLiveLee like this.
  8. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

I don't mind sharing my signal but not my battery. Again, we need advancements in battery tech for these devices before any other bells and whistles.