Wireless Internet Connectivity

Having a bit of a problem here- when I leave my computer overnight (screen turns off, made sure it doesn't sleep) it goes to a limited connection after a while and won't attempt to reconnect. This is a problem for me because I have applications that run in the background overnight which require an internet connection to function. Is there any way to make it so my computer attempts to reconnect any time the connection goes to limited?

P.S.: When I got to my computer in the morning, I disconnected from the internet and reconnected with no problems.

The OS is on Windows 8.1 (the computer itself is one of the all-in-one computers from Lenovo), and internet connection itself isn't normally a problem unless the router is either offline or turned off. The only times I've seen it go to limited were when it was left on all night (even with nothing running in the background), and when the router itself was having issues.

Ok, on my W 8.1, its not a Lenovo or an all in one but have you tried going into the Control Panel>Power Options to make sure screen don't turn off? As for the internet part @jobeard might be able to help you, good luck.

It's more or less an internet problem. The screen itself was set to turn off after a few minutes, though the internet problem only happened after about an hour and a half of me going away from the computer to sleep. (I set the screen to turn off since the computer is in my room and it's easier to sleep without a screen on)

It's more or less an internet problem. The screen itself was set to turn off after a few minutes, though the internet problem only happened after about an hour and a half of me going away from the computer to sleep. (I set the screen to turn off since the computer is in my room and it's easier to sleep without a screen on)
Just make sure the system remains active and does not Sleep or Hibernate.

Back