Wireless networking using LINKSYS G 2.4GHZ Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbadboyca

HELP!!!

I have been trying everything possible to get my laptop to connect to my home network. I am able to utilize my laptop when traveling, but, when I try and connect to my home router, it basically does nothing. I can plug in my laptop to the router using cable, and everything works fine. I have disabled WEP, changed passwords, you name it, I think I have done it. Could someone please help me. I have reset the router to default, and rebuilt it. Not sure what else I can try. Thanks!!!

MBADBOYCA!!!

No help???

Come on, I know someone out there can point me in the right direction!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Still looking for HELP!!!

Ok,

I am able to connect to a neighbors network. For some reason, I cannot connect to the internet using my Wireless card. It asks me for the network key, and I enter it, and nothing happens other than I get a cannot connect. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

MBADBOYCA

cable the laptop directly to the router. use your browser to access the
control panel, eg 192.168.0.1/ or 192.168.1.1/
you need the admin user/password.

setup the LAN configuration to provide DHCP services.
save the settings and reboot the router.

use run->'cmd /k ipconfig /all' to see the settings retrieved from the router.
you must have
ip address
dns address
gateway address
subnet mask​
all non-zero

Thanks!

So, your saying, hook up laptop to router, suing cable, and then go into the router, and make the changes you said? Its wierd, before I moved, everything worked fine. Didn't do anything different, just unpacked, and plug in. Never changed settings before the move. other than initial set-up. Buddy told me to just reload the laptop, and start over, but, I thought that may be a little drastic. Will try once I get home tonight and see what happens! Thanks for the info!

MBADBOYCA

each adaptor (nic vs wireless) gets its own configuration.
Sometimes they get mangled or malconfigured and you need to redo the config.
Usually, the configurations and drivers fail far sooner that the OS itself,
and formatting / restoring / reinstalling is a massive overkill; yea it works,
because you've also forced a reconfig :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back