Wireless Problems, save my hair please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I'm in need of support before I turn bold before 21!! I've moved into a house with 4 others witha 20mb Vrigin connection. The network runs fine bar it has no PSK or protection. We keep gettin dirty rinsers nicking our internet. Im not a complete noob at this sort of thing, I attached a wep and a psk seperately but when this is applied no pc's can connect to the network and all hell breaks loose. Does anyone know how to get round this?? Does the security have to be enabled on the first pc to set up the connection?? Any help would save a healthy head of hair. Jp

Each PC has to have the same type of encryption. You just can't have it on the main wireless router and expect to be enough. Take your time with this.
Make sure you take one PC and connect it to the wireless router using wired LAN patch cable connected directly to the router. When you setup encrypted passwords.

1. Wireless Router
setup admin password to login to the router

2. Setup Encryption
WEP-64-bit WEP-128-bit or PSK
Tip always go with the best one you have.
Create a HEX or ASCII password key

Once this is completed take that password key and add to each PC you have on the network. I recommend using XP Wireless connection service so you can setup your password easy when you press connect.

Ok thanks for the reply. When I tired before I used 64bit wep and no-one else could log onto it wen i told them wot type etc with the really long password it generates. I'll try again today but I don't know if it's gonna work. Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back