TechSpot

Wireless xbox 360

By scubasteve374
Jul 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sooo, I've been forced out of my awesome tv room, into a room where i can not run a lan cable. I am aware that Microsoft makes a wireless adapter, but i do not feel like spending $120. Is it possible to use a non xbox wireless adapter? Thanks for the help!
  2. Carbonated

Carbonated TS Rookie Posts: 25

I remember hearing about some guy hacking a wireless adapter to work with his 360 but that seemed like major modding...so unless youre good wiht programming i dont think theres any other choice.

PS does Habitat H20 ring a bell with you?
  3. Supra

Supra TS Enthusiast Posts: 236

You can get a wireless bridge if you like, they are little boxes that you can connect a short ethernet cord from your 360 to and they can connect to a wireless access point(router).
  4. Athar

Athar TS Rookie

Require Help on Xbox 360

Hi,

I bought brand new xbox 360 earlier this month, while playing or watching movies a "black rectangle" appears on screen of TV. if i change the channnel and comes back it goes away.

Can somebody help why it happens and what should I do make it go forever.
    Will appreciate your help

Thanks

Athar
  5. RedWolf55AJ

RedWolf55AJ TS Rookie Posts: 20

A wireless bridge huh, you may have just solved my post!!

How affordable are they, and do they work with ATT Dsl modems and linksys routers
  6. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

Linksys (cheaper)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LINKSYS-WGA11B-...4QQihZ018QQcategoryZ61817QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Microsoft brand
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Origi...QQihZ018QQcategoryZ122517QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The linksys seems to do the same same as the microsoft brand adapter, and is on average $30 less.

Just beware, if you have any encryption on your network, the Linksys will not work out of the box. You will need to connect it to a PC first, configure it with software, then connect it to your xbox.
  7. RedWolf55AJ

RedWolf55AJ TS Rookie Posts: 20

It won't work for encrypted vista connections. I'll find a different brand or something
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.