TechSpot

Wirless Routher acting strange...

By brianinlfc
Jan 12, 2008
  1. Hi,
    I just recently bought a BELKIN "N" wirless routher to replace my Linksys Wirless routher. Everything works well except when it comes to this part.
    - I enable the DMZ settings puting in the IP address of the computer which I want, then the wirless stops working. Only the wired desktop works, then when I disable the DMZ everything seems to work again. I need the dmz to be able to play/ host games In Empire Earth AoC. Is there anyway I can go around it? Never had this problem in Linksys :(
    Thanks,

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,521   +336

the object of a DMZ setup is to isolate systems. disabling WiFi is one way to do this.

see this post
    as a technique to ensure your LAN systems are isolated from WiFi users

3. brianinlfc

brianinlfc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

intresting..i was able to use the dmz settings and use the wirless with the Linksys wirless routher :|

4. jobeard

yes, each vendor can implement the DMZ per their design :(

5. brianinlfc

brianinlfc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

Great...now I feel like returning that routher...should have stuck with Linksys.. :| I even tried port forwarding..opening the ports..it didnt work :(

6. jobeard

backup; Try to state your objective; what do you want to happen. Frequently there are multiple ways to skin a cat :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.