Witcher 2 issue

boagz

So I just downloaded and installed witcher 2 from origin and went to launch the game (after installing all the patches up to 3.4) and this application error comes up "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)". I've reinstalled it but nothing fixed. The issue is only for my laptop as on my desktop everything installed and works fine. Any ideas what this could be?

Give this a try

http://en.thewitcher.com/dotnet

"In the patch 2.1 Microsoft's .NET Framework 4 became necessary to run The Witcher 2, which fixed several problems with game-to-server communication. However, in some cases this also led to problems with launching the game, notably to errors like "application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" and similar, which most often resulted from conflicts between .NET 4 and other applications.
THE DOTNET HOTFIX

We created a hotfix especially for the people who experience the problems mentioned above. The hotfix makes .NET Framework 4 unnecessary to run the game. The hotfix will work correctly ONLY when applied on the game updated to 3.4."

Back