WMP 12

learninmypc

I messed up big time (I think) trying to fix wmp 12 on my W7.
A few days ago I noticed I was able to play my tunes on my Vista using WMP so I decided to try with W7 but it didn't so I google "repair wmp12" & it took me to this link https://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_media_player_diagnostic
amongst others, here repair wmp . I clicked the run now button & it went thru the process & at the end I think it said words to the effect it couldn't fix it to click and to click next for more help. I did such & got a box where it wanted me to enter captcha symbols which I did but it wouldn't accept it . It did that a few more times so I said the hell with it & clicked cancel.
Then WMP popped up & at the bottom it said it was updating media info.
An hour later it was still updating it so I minimized it & decided to play my tunes using VLC.
Went to bed & 6 hours later I woke up to silence & saw the screen saying it was shutting down.
After it came back up, I continued on surfing but when I decided to go into My Pictures folder, I found folders in there that were not in there before. Stupidly I did a system restore which failed.
Oddly enough there were ONLY two choices in system restore. I've never deleted them or done anything to their settings. Can somebody help me/tell me how to get this fixed? TIA. :)

Ok, I've done everything it said to do but I still have the folders in my My Pictures folder. Should I just leave them or ???

What are the folders in My Pictures. Are they things you had down loaded before? Is WMP12 . Working now?

What are the folders in My Pictures. Are they things you had down loaded before? Is WMP12 . Working now?
MISC folders.JPG
Just a sample. In the "OTHER FOLDERS" folder are a few folders I was going to put in my My Documents folder but figured I'd wait .

I am trying to understand here. Are these folders in your documents . Or are they on C drive.

Last edited:
I am trying ti understand here. Are these folders in your documents . Or are they on C drive.
Originally they were on my C:Drive & the Program Files folder is now in both places along with I believe the rest. I think they're duplicate copies but not sure.
I may just leave them as is & get used to it.

That maybe a good Ideal just to leave them. Not sure why the would have duplicated in the first place..

I don't know why you would want duplicates of Program Files. The duplicates would serve no purpose, other than to clutter Documents.

I don't know why you would want duplicates of Program Files. The duplicates would serve no purpose, other than to clutter Documents.
The point is, I didn't do it. When I followed the above directions listed in my first post, it happened then. That is the reason I tried a system restore.
As far as WMP working, it still don't work like on my Vista. On my Vista I can right click the "tunes" folder & of the choices, one of them is VLC & the other is WMP. Not so on my W7. If I knew ALL the folders were duplicates & safe to delete,I would. Instead I'll just live with it I guess.
I only tried WMP to see if it would work the same. Back to my friend VLC.

Back