Wondering which memory would give best performance, good manufacturers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattw

i have built a new system (well almost, just need to get cpu n some ram) and im just wondering about which RAM manufacturer to go for?

my motherboard is the DFI Lanparty UT nF3 Ultra-D, and can support dual-channel memory (PC3200)

which brands are good? which would give me the best performance for gaming etc? any suggestions of good RAM to buy?

thanks a lot :cool:

generally, people recommend corsair or ocz for the dfi's board. I have used gskill on my nf4 and it's working great.

how many of ram do you plan to get? what's yoru budget?

for now i plan on getting 1gig, maybe 2gig im not too sure, thanks for your help :cool:

budget is around £150 ish which could buy me a 2 gig kit

how about crucial ballistix??

i don't know how to convert pounds to USD, but for I think it's a bit more than double the USD. In that case, you are looking for around 250-300 budget. With that money, you could actually get 2gig good performance memory.

Crucial ballistix is a great memory, very good performer. Now, do you overclock? If you do, this memeory should work good. Check out dfi-street.com, it's a site where people own DFI will post and you can search the memory that you want to upgrade and then you can see how people have achieved with overclock result.

Persoanlly, I think any of the good brand and tight timing usually will give a good result in the overclock.

nope i dont overclock, i think im going to go for crucial ballistix ram as from what i have read it is pretty awesome stuff.

thanks a lot for the help, feel free to give more advice on ace manufacturers \m/

if you don't plan to overclock, then I would recommend look into the value ram or the memory that has good timing and forget about teh expensive type. it's not worth it since you don't plan to overclock and take the advantage of the super good memory. Get the one that has better timing will be more beneficial on the performance at the same time easier on the wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back