Wont Boot Into Bios Setup Need Helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys i just bought an Asus F9 for school last night. since it came with vista and my program requirements asks for windows XP SP2 only, i decided to take it vista out.

i have the drivers for the laptop in a cd and everything.

the problem is. my dad installed a SP1 XP and then i found my windows XP SP2 cd which was a copy a friend gave me. i used it for my parallels before on my mac.

and so.. the SP1 was installed and i asked my dad to erase it and do a full reformat with my SP2 cd, everything was fine until the install was finished and it rebooted, but i think it erased the SP1 operating system but the SP2 has not installed since we found out that my SP2 isnt a bootable CD O_O ...soo now it wont even go to BIOS it just says "Asus" then when i press esc it goes to the uh i dunno what its called but when we press F2 for setup, it just remains at "Entering Setup" then it doesnt move...

guys i need this for school >.< i dunno what to do someone please helpp

If this is a brand new machine, take it back to the outlet before you do anything else to it. If it won't let you into the BIOS settings it clearly has something more wrong with it than a corrupt windows installation.

If you have any kind of warranty, you should take it back and insist on either your money or a replacement. No contest! If does not matter if he can fix it, that is not your problem!
OK - perhaps you should not have tried to replace Vista but if it does not boot then what you have done so far is not likely to have been the cause of the boot failure which is a warranty matter.

Putting a copy of xp on it is highly illegal, unless you have a valid and paid for license key.

Depends on the license for vista. XP had a clause that the legal license of XP allowed the license to use any lesser Windows OS the chose if they did not want to use XP. which meant as long as someone had a legal copy of XP they could use Win 2000, ME or win 98 instead of the copy of XP.

of course i have a legal key. btw we solved the problem, it was bad ram and it was freezing up the bios =_=

Bad ram can cause all kinds of problems. was this the ram it came with or some you installed after purchase?

yeah well we solved it but then my laptop kept crashng again at either login or startup or sometime after 45 minutes of usage =/

sooo my friend and i assumed it was the ram again.. took the KINGSTON one out, it was fine for a while with only the manufacturer's ram then it kept crashing yet again!! soo i took out Asus' original ram and now im using it with just the KINGSTON ram and it hasnt crashed so far. this sucks my friend said the motherboard might have some issues ..i hope not.. i HOPE if anything its just a bad hard drive =_= cause im using it for school tooo

get Memtest86 and test the mem. it can be found on Google run it for atleast 7 passes on each stick and make sure the mem. is good, if not get it replaced while new and can be warrented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back