TechSpot

Won't load BIOS settings, getting a crazy screen with a bunch of 00 00 00's and some text

By helpz
Feb 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I have come to acquire a "broken" dell xps 410. The issue as I was told is "it has a virus".. well this is unlike any virus I've ever seen. but then again I'm not a computer tech. so the problem is.. I can turn it on. it gets to the dell loading screen ( where I have the option to to push the F12 or F2 key.) if I push nothing, I get a screen that looks like the attached photo.

Anyhow it seems to be prompting me to enter a password of some sort. typing on the keyboard does absolutely nothing. the only key that seems to have any effect is the enter key.

If I try to push F2 OR F12 it beeps at me every time I push the key.. and nothing happens (besides taking back to the attached photo's screen)

I know my description may not be very good. but please if you could maybe point me in the right direction

Attached Files:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.