Won't turn on

marygg

Computer won't turn on at all. I replaced power supply. No changes. Shouldn't the power supply fans at least turn on?

Desktop. I was going to switch out the hdd into another dell but it's hdd is only 40 gb compared to 250 gb in the hdd from the original computer which won't turn on. I've read that the mb may not support this change. Any other ideas?

Hard drives will not be the problem. Pull out the memory to see if the motherboard beeps at all

I've given up on that computer. Now I'm planning to transfer hdd to another dell. The recipient dell had 40 gb hdd and different connectors.

I had to buy a sata to ide adapter, but the hdd is installed. It won't boot and doesn't have a floppy. Can you help me?

No I've given up on the one with bad motherboard. I need to install hdd on a different computer. The drive works fine slaved to my computer but I can't get the dimension 3000 to recognize the dimension 9100's hard drive.

No. I installed a sata hd in a smaller computer using a converter kit. When I finally got it connected correctly, it runs. This is a temporary solution until she can afford a new computer. She has access to her data and pictures and can remove them to flash drive. Thanks for all your help. Solved!

Back