Word 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just recovered my Win XP home addition on an HP using Intel P4.

I reloaded Word 2002 and now when I run it I get an error message (see attached .jpg).

If I click OK, Word 2002 runs fine, but when I try to close it the same error message appears.

How can I cure this problem?

Attachments

• Word Message.jpg
    Word Message.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5
Tedster said:
use openoffice - far better than word. and it's free

www.openoffice.org

Maybe it better, but some people have issues with standard company software that may not be able to download and use another program like this. And what makes openoffice better than Word?

halo71 said:
Maybe it better, but some people have issues with standard company software that may not be able to download and use another program like this. And what makes openoffice better than Word?

One word "FREE"!

halo71 said:
Okay, aside from that????

Does this really matter if you can get your work done? I still use Office 2000 Pro. It gives me what I want, and it is trouble free... for me

So your saying that you never used openoffice before then right? All I was asking is WHAT makes it a better program aside from being free. That's like me giving you a free eMachines! Maybe it can still get your work done and its FREE but its still a piece of crap!!!!

No I haven't used it, but my wife has. She said that sometimes it was difficult to save documents that were unfinished and that access to Open Office is sometimes difficult. If you have no Office tools on your system, Open Office is good. I got my copy of Office 2000 Pro at a Microsoft seminar in Virginia in 2000. This Office version sold for $595 then. There are 3 Service Packs for Office 2000, and it can still be updated on the MS Office Update site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back