Word and Excel 2003 Crash All the Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Folks,

So I'm hoping that someone here can help me out. I rebuilt my machine last week with a fresh install of XP Pro (SP2).

Four days later, Outlook started crashing whenever I tried to send a message (with Word as my email editor). So I checked out Word, and it would crash when I opened it. I sent the report to MS and of course, they recommended that I get all of the Office 2003 updates, which I did. Still, both Word and Excel crash every time I try to do anything in them. Outlook is fine now that Word is no longer the email editor, and the other Office apps work just fine.

Any thoughts on how to fix this one? I have tried reinstalling Office, but of course, since it never completely removes...yeah.

Helo would be greatly appreciated.

Hello

I have the same problem here. Windows XP+SP2.I tried the repair option in Office 2003 and the problem dissapeard but only for about 2 weeks, the it reapeard again. Then I uninstall and reinstall Office 2003 again and for now (3 days) it's ok.
Before uninstal I also tried installing Office SP2 but the problem was still there.

Any of you guys found working solution?

Thank you very much.

Gregor

In the Help Menu of Word and Excel 2003 there is a "Detect and Repair..." menu item. Do that.

Note: You will need your install cd for this, or at least the files from the install cd on your HD.

Hope that uninstall/reinstal of Office helped (it's working for 3 days now), but thank you for the tip. Will try it out if the problem shows up again.

Bye

Kastro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back