Word not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroboy

Having successfully installed microsoft word onto our main home computer, I tried to install the same word onto my lap-top. But when I open word, the desktop screen changes colours, and it doesnt work properly. I used word from Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and both computers run on Vista Premium. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong - and how to put it right?

If you have the CD, just install it on Vista and install the latest Service Pack 3 for Word 2002.

Then you cannot install on two computers. You actually paid for only one license to run the suite. It is assigned to the first system you put it on.

Thanks Bobbye,....but I bought Microsoft Works Suite 2004 of E-bay about 2 years ago And have installed it on 5 computers so far (2 being laptops) 3 XP Home and 2 Vista.I only have trouble with Vista but always seem to install o k. I have been told that Word 2003 is ok with Vista but M/W/S 2004 has Word 2002 on it ,could this be why I seem to always have Trouble Installing it.

It could be the compatibility. I saw that Word 2002 'should' be okay on Vista, but that isn't always right. Some of the users who did get Word 2002 on Vista now find they can't read their documents!

One compatibility chart I found says:
Office XP (includes Excel 2002, PowerPoint 2002, Word 2002) No Installer does not function and Microsoft will not support Office XP under Vista.

Thank again ,Bobbye. That is what happens on Vista I can't read any of my documents.It looks like I will, have to go on E Bay and find a copy of Word 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back