World Of Warcraft, I've succumbed to the evil of subscription gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

Well its been a while since I've been able to dedicate any time to anything other than work and getting on with life, and since I've played Diablo 2 to death and played through any decent modules for Neverwinter nights with my friends I thought I'd at least give World Of Warcraft (WoW) a try for at least the months subscription that comes with the retail package. And, a terrible pin but, WOW. Very immersive world, HUGE areas, combination of Race, Class, Professions, Skills, Talents allow for great customisation and many interesting builds of characters. You can even unless talents and invest in training for new skills. You can change professions (primary and secondary), which means starting with an ability of 0, but at least your not stuck being a herbalist/engineer for the whole of your characters life :)

For £8.99 a month, I might just play this amazing quest ridden game for more than just the initial month. I know its the evil that is subscription gaming but if it provides gaming entertainment for a month, i.e. I don't get bored and go out to buy another game, then I think it is value for money. If anyone else from Techspot is playing this, look me up:

Server Arathor:
Zapirian, Night Elf, Rogue, First Aider, Lvl 15
Xenoclea, Gnome, Mage, Lvl 5
Fassin, Human, Priest, Lvl 6

/dance :haha:

WoW is an awesome game. i played it through open beta until now. I have a lvl 45 and a lvl 35 charictor and am not the least bit sick of the game. I have also fallen to the evils of subscription games but as you said its for the better. In the year i played FFXI and then now WoW those are the only 2 games i have bought. before that i would buy a $50 game every 2-3 months. so it is cheaper for me to pay $10 a month.

WoW Server Blackhand
LNCPapa - 20 Undead Warlock
Mogwhy - 34 Orc Shaman
Bufugly - 12 Tauren Warrior
Splat - 14 Troll Hunter
Lupiniv - 12 Undead Rogue
Bubonic - 8 Undead Mage

LNCPapa said:
WoW Server Blackhand
LNCPapa - 20 Undead Warlock
Mogwhy - 34 Orc Shaman
Bufugly - 12 Tauren Warrior
Splat - 14 Troll Hunter
Lupiniv - 12 Undead Rogue
Bubonic - 8 Undead Mage

Zapirian- 25 NightElf Rogue
Xenoclea - 13 Gnomish Mage
Fassin - 12 Human Priest
Bullocks - 5 Tauren Warrior

Damn if our servers weren't kept seperate (US and Europe) I could have made Horde characters on Blackhand and played WoW with Papa... Damn you blizzard.. actually no no damnation, just praise for a very nice game :)

WoW!!

Heya peeps!! I started WoW about a month ago...and love it!
I was a hard core EQ junkie til they came out with EQ2, which kind of ruined it for me.

Lots of my friends have moved over to WoW. Though they started way before me..

My question is how can I catch up??!!??! they are in high twenties to mid-thirties. I'm a poorly priest of 16! I love hanging with them of course...but I get nill experience grouping with them! And being such an avid gamer for years on EQ..well..lvl 16 in a month...its just plain embarassing.. : (

Do you know any great places or miracles to lvl up quicker???

Llilli lvl 16 priest
can't remember the server frankly...Normal server anyhow.

Look me up or send an email if ya have any great ideas. Thanks fellow adventures!

BeloTenia@aol.com

WoW is just awsome I mean I love the constant battle Between Tarren mill and
Southshore.

WoW sundown:

click this is my older char which i haven't played in a looooong time.

I also have some screens of LOADS of corpses everywhere but its still in targa
format and I need to install Photoshop 8 to convert which i'm to lazy to install
right now.

WoW is even going to get better with BattleGrounds (Yes I'm dutch and we
don't have BG yet, only on Test Center which is a pvp Frag fest).

MartinJK said:
Sounds like WoW is a good game. Will have to give it a try.
:)
WoW is a very, very good game! Just becareful, though, because you may find yourself addicted. :blackeye:

I would love to play WoW, but I don't feel like dumping 40+ hours into the game. :hotouch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back