World of Warcraft problem need assitance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have a problem running world of warcraft if you could reply with some information that would make me very:slurp: lately i have had very low fps (1-7)
i started playing world of warcraft in october of 2004 and i stopped playing for a while. I recently started playing this summer but i am having a tough time playing due to low fps. i have called blizzard many times, one time they told me too update my driver, and i did. it didnt help. second time he told me to buy more ram. i did i also got a better video card. Anyway my compututer had some viruses and spyweare for a while i got norton antivirus and got rid of all of the viruses. i recently defragged my hardrive. my computer is fairly fast. Here is my system spec

Hard drive : 40gb
Video card: e-Geforce 7300 gt ddr2, 256mb, pci-e
RAM: 1 GB
Processor speed: 2.10 Ghz
I have a broadband high speed internet connection, anyway if anyone could help with this situation that would be greatly appreciated

I recommend you seek out one of the sites that specializes in WoW problems - many good pointers.

gl

I have the same problem as you. Game has run fine until about 2 major patches back, where my framerate has dropped, and the computer has been suffering from the occasional bout of 100% CPU usage and slowdowns/crashes, though this affects other games, not just WoW. Might be a windows patch causing it in my case... stupid Vista.

might of been the patches, i tried guild wars for a bit it went very slow slower than wow but i also had a virus back then, yah maybe its a patch issue do you have burning crusade?

You might need to reinstall Windows. How long has it been since you last did a reformat and reinstall? If it's been more than about 1.5 years, you should do that now.

welll i got windows xp a while back in about 2004 but would it help very much if i did do a reformat, cause if it did i will do that might take a while but worth a shot. Also i might just get a new pc and move my motherboard and video card over, that should work need something cheap and has a good processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back