World of Warcraft vs. High Resolution

By one70six
Apr 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Radius Pressview 21" CRT monitor that I recently obtained and I decided to play WoW on it to try it out. In WoW video options the monitor can max out around 2560×2048 which is much higher than my last monitor. If I try to run the game this high it looks beautiful accept for that only half of the picture shows up on the screen. I would love to play the game at a resolution close to this but it just will not center until the res reaches the 1200's. Am I just dreaming or is this just possible with my setup. What do you guys think?

ATI Radeon 9550 256 AGP 8x
    Radius Pressview 21" CRT
  2. CCT

CCT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,556

2048 x 1536

That's apparently the max resolution for the vid card chip.

Have you tried that?
  3. one70six

one70six Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks

No I haven't but thanks I'll give that a try.
  4. one70six

one70six Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Got it

After tweaking the card with ATI catalyst I got the game to run 1600x1200 at 90 hz really smooth. Looks great with the exception of a little lag in the big citys. Thanks for the tip.
  5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Yea, there's not much chance of a CRT running at 2560x2048 lol... thats mainly LCDs... and they run at 2560x1600.

Either way it pwns my 1280x1024 native res of my LCD. Oh well, I don't need as good of a videocard to get good FPS ;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.