Worst game ever?

By Demiurg
Mar 25, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As it is a little slow here I thought I'd steal this topic from the Morrowind Forums. There it's named "OT: Venting Time! What's the WORST game you ever bought?" and I just loved Death Knight's description of his first (and only) day playing Ultima Online:

Hehe. Can't be much more boring than that. Or can it?

Anyway, my main contenders are:
    Requiem: Avenging Angel - Yes, I bought it and was shocked over how terrible it was. The graphics, the models, the design, the gameplay. Urgh.
    Black & White - Certainly the biggest disappointment anyway. Initially I was very impressed by the graphics, A.I. and depth, but soon I realized how boring and frustrating the actual gameplay was. Constantly forced to feed your little critter, the constant whisper of "death, death, death" and the terrible quests - finding the missing Singing Stones and trying to put them in the right order is probably my worst gaming experience ever. An afternoon of utter frustration.
  2. uncleel

uncleel Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,145

Worst game you ever bought?

Pokémon?
  3. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

Fire Fighter for the Atari console.
    You had to direct water at the windows of a blazing building.
    One flaw me and my mate found at the time was that you could wait and the flames would eventually burn out.
    Sort of made the already lame game lamer ;)
  4. lokem

lokem Newcomer, in training Posts: 773

I'll have to cast my vote on Phantasmagoria. Not sure if anyone has heard of this game, but it was a 7 CD game. Yups, 7 CDs. Gosh, it was supposed to be a horror adventure game. Most of the time when something's about to happen, the game will have a slight pause. By that time, you'll know that something's gonna happen. And did I mention the size of the game?? Argh...
  5. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

Man you are crazy!! That is by far one of the best games to ever come out. The sequel was cruddy but the original is a masterpiece. Lokem, I whole-heartedly disagree with you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just disagree.
  6. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I read a feature in Electronic Gaming Monthly on that issue, in their opinion it was a game based on ET...sounds bad already :dead:
  7. Cucumber

Cucumber Newcomer, in training Posts: 203

Big Brother 1 & 2 for PC

Scored(in PC GAMER):

2% - Big Brother 1

N\A% - Big Brother 2 (the quote being, "we put as much effort in giving this game a score as they did making it!")
  8. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah Newcomer, in training Posts: 868

While your on reality TV games how about Survivor. I haven't played it, but seriously how good could it actually be??? ;)
  9. lokem

Same to you :D Each to their own it seems :D hehehe.
  10. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

LOL....:D
  11. lokem

:D I hope you'd agree that DOOM is still excellent with the GL port :D
  12. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

Man thats a tough one to nail down. Its a group too. I hate any game that looses my interest in 10 minutes. I hate most games that I actually have to read the manual to do something....give me control and now...If I can't install and start playing, its boreing and its bad.... ;)
  13. lokem

I guess that rules out all the flight sims and games like MechWarrior :D

14. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

Well, no, I have tried Mech and liked it, never got around to buying the full version though. I do like flight sims but hate games that have 100 buttons to push. I can enjoy a select few but not many of them.
  15. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +229

glDoom is great - but Daikatana was a piece...

LNCPapa
  16. lokem

Oh gosh.... Not that one... I think I can say the same for C&C: Renegade... Blech.... What a piece of........
  17. lokem

Don't most flight sims force you to scour nearly the entire keyboard to fly the plane "correctly"? :)
  18. Ai Hate

Ai Hate Newcomer, in training Posts: 321

Worst Game Ever...

19. Xerak

Xerak Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

Howzat is by far the worst game ever... 2% in pc powerplay mag
  20. goomba

goomba Newcomer, in training Posts: 23

Carmageddon on N64 got 0% in a Nintendo mag!

The worst game I've played is also on the 64: Tonic Trouble!!

It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  21. Elcarion

Elcarion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 188

Wow, that's a tough choice for me. It would have to be a 3 way tie between: Daikatana, C&C Red Alert, and Tribes 2....nope, I almost forgot F1 2000, that makes 4.
  22. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah Newcomer, in training Posts: 868

Check out this article on some of the more recent games that this guy thinks is the worst on the particular console.

23. Ai Hate

Ai Hate Newcomer, in training Posts: 321

HOMM4...

HOMM 4... it's climbing up my list...
    i've only played the game for 15 mins, but that's the problem... i can't stand playing it anymore than that... :evil:
    worst game i've ever purchased since monopoly tycoon...

or maybe it's just new... we'll have to wait and see...
  24. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Re: HOMM4...

Hmm, HOMM? What's that?
  25. Demiurg

Demiurg Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 86

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.