TechSpot

Would it be worth it?

By SKYSTAR
Nov 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Would it be worth it? to buy a new 22" monitor instead of my 19",
    i use my 19" monitor only for gaming purpose ,because i have a 32" HD LCD and i use it for
    watching films.

2. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

What resolution are you currently gaming at? Do you plan on going to a higher resolution? Can your video card handle the proposed upgrade? If you need to upgrade your video card will you need a new power supply?

Think those are the basic questions. Whether or not it's worth it is really a rather subjective question. Think I would save for a while and go with something in the 24" range. Do you have the option of connecting to your 32" LCD TV?

3. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 250

i play @ 1440x900 , i am planning to get a new GFX (HD 6870 without replacing my PSU),i don't want to get a 24" or 23" monitor because their resolution is (1920 x 1080) and it will cause a huge hit in fps,so my only option is a 22" LCD @ (1680x1050) or stay on my 19",so what do you think ?? , is replacing my monitor from 19" to 22" would be a significant change or not????

4. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

Going from 1440x900 to 1680x1050 along with the additional 3 inches on the diagonal is going to make a noticable difference. With the addition of the HD 6870 you should be able to run on high settings for most games too.

5. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 250

OK thanks Mizzou

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.