WRT 54G disconnects after 1 minute

Hiya,
I got this problem in this morning, I can access internet and wifi as well.
My internet cable goes into ADSL router (D-link) and then connect with a WRT 54G wireless router then it connect with my computer.
If I just connect directly from ADSL router, it's fine but I have more than 1 device so I have to connect with WRT 54G. But now, It got problem, when I connect it all, I just can access its wireless router controller page and in just 1 minute, after it disconnects automaticly, so the problem comes from WRT 54G but I have no idea to fix it.
Anybody can help me, please!!

Thanks SNG. Unfortunately, I couldn't upgrade firmware, I always get unsuccessful. I'm sure that I get the right version. Any idea?

Find out what version your router is. I know WRT54G, but there are several versions. Once you know that, go to the dd-wrt page and find your specific version. Then in the right column there is an install instructions link that will walk you through putting the dd-wrt firmware on your router.

dd-wrt is 3rd party, and it will void your warranty. Since you posted here rather than try to get a new device from Linksys I'm assuming you don't want to or can't claim a warranty thing.

dd-wrt is also a lot more involved to install than a stock firmware. Do Not try and install dd-wrt like you would an official firmware. That site has specific instructions for a reason. It is involved, but if you read through them before attempting, and then read and do each step carefully, it will work (or your router is totally dead).

I have had really good success with dd-wrt on both wrt54g routers I've owned. The first one I put it on was dying before I put ddwrt on it, and it only survived a bit longer. But I've got another one that has been running it for a year or so and it gets heavy usage, works great. Almost never have to reset it compared to resetting at least once a week with the official. It also opens up a few to a lot more features than you have right now (depends on how much RAM your router has, which is version dependent).

Back