WTF? "This PC can't run Windows 10" when trying to update

sdms96825

Yesterday I was notified that an update was ready to be installed.

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 (11)
Last failed install attempt on 9/ 26/ 19 - 0x80240034

I got a message something like "This PC can't run Windows 10" (even though I have been running it for several years)
I clicked on something else and it said something about a partition not being big enough.

What partition is it referring to?
Why isn't the partition big enough?
Now what do I do?

Thanks!

Additional information:

Here are my "partitions":

*: SYSTEM [Capacity-260 MB; Free Space-18.1MB; File System-FAT32; Type-GPT(EFI System Partition); Status-Healthy(System)]

*: [Capacity-16 MB; Free Space-16MB; File System-Not Formated; Type-GPT(Reserved Partition); Status-Healthy]

C: [Capacity-475.8 MB; Free Space-189.9 MB; File System-NTFS; Type-GPT(Data Partition); Status-Healthy(Boot)]

*: [Capacity-880 MB; Free Space-417.8 MB; File System-NTFS; Type-GPT(Recovery Partition); Status-Healthy]

Which one(s) am I supposed to make bigger and which one(s) am I supposed to make smaller?

You can't be running Windows 10, if 1630MB [1.6GB] is all the space you have. Could I get you to double check those values?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
System requirements for installing Windows 10
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster compatible processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
Hard drive size: 32GB or larger hard disk
Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Display: 800x600

Cliff,

Oops.

C: [Capacity-475.8 GB; Free Space-189.9 GB; File System-NTFS; Type-GPT(Data Partition); Status-Healthy(Boot)]

Under Windows 10 Disk Management it is a little different and says:

(C:) Simple; Basic; NTFS; 475.81GB capacity-204.23GB free; Healthy(Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

(Disk 0 partition 1) Simple; Basic; ****; 260MB capacity-260MB free; Healthy (EFI System Partition)

(Disk 0 partition 4) Simple; Basic; NTFS; 880MB capacity-418MB free; Healthy (OEM partition)

I'm operating on 40GB, and the 508MB partition was automatically created after installation. Unless it is a bug with the OEM partition, I wouldn't know where to lay blame.

Here is my disk management layout:
DiskManagement2.png

Cliff,

Under Windows 10 Disk Management it is a little different and says:

(C:) Simple; Basic; NTFS; 475.81GB capacity-204.23GB free; Healthy(Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

(Disk 0 partition 1) Simple; Basic; ****; 260MB capacity-260MB free; Healthy (EFI System Partition)

(Disk 0 partition 4) Simple; Basic; NTFS; 880MB capacity-418MB free; Healthy (OEM partition)

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html
Download this and take a screenshot of it by pressing prt button, pasting in paint and saving as .png.

I'm sorry to do that to you but half of what your saying doesn't make enough sense.

Maiku, (I) why do the three different partition managers give three different results showing the specs of the partitions; and (ii) assuming the EaseUS one is determinative, which partition should I increase and which should I decrease? Thanks.

Back