X-Fi Elite Pro 5.1 speaker set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonywilliam

I'm using the Creative T6100 speakers and can only get RL Ctr & Woofer to give sound. Have downloaded the latest Vista 32 bit driver from the Creative site but does not change things. Have tried all methods of set up and all logged on as 5.1 surround sound. Could there be a conflict somewhere? This is a new machine (3 weeks ). Preloaded were Windows Media center and player plus Cyberlink DVD suite plus of course the Creative media player. Any pointers would be gratefully accepted.

How are the speaker jacks plugged into the sound card? Green into the green, black next to it and then the orange?

anthonywilliam said:
Have downloaded the latest Vista 32 bit driver from the Creative site but does not change things.
Preloaded were Windows Media center and player plus Cyberlink DVD suite plus of course the Creative media player.
Wait, you're telling me you downloaded Vista 32-bit drivers for XP MCE? That obviously wouldn't work since they're different OSes. Or have you updated to Vista and then installed the drivers? In that case, try uninstalling and reinstalling them once.

anthonywilliam said:
I'm using the Creative T6100 speakers and can only get RL Ctr & Woofer to give sound. Have downloaded the latest Vista 32 bit driver from the Creative site but does not change things. Have tried all methods of set up and all logged on as 5.1 surround sound. Could there be a conflict somewhere? This is a new machine (3 weeks ). Preloaded were Windows Media center and player plus Cyberlink DVD suite plus of course the Creative media player. Any pointers would be gratefully accepted.

very important UNINSTALL YOUR DRIVERS FROM CONTROL PANEL, SOUND DEVICE ETC, ALL SOUND DRIVERS, INCLUDING YOUR CREATIVE PROGRAMS, AFTERWARDS YOU SHOULD HAVE NO SOUND AT ALL, RESTART, INSTALL DRIVERS FOR YOUR DEIVES FOR WINDOWS XP, YES I SAID "XP" AND YOUR SOUND SHOULD WORK PERFECTLY. i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, YOU CAN GOOGLE IT IF YOU LIKE. I'M NEW HERE BUT USE TO RUN VISTA WITH SIMILAR PROBLEM, GOODLUCK AND HF

Rage_3_Moiz
As I said, the system is new, The OS is Vista never had XP MCE on it. Media Center is in the Vista Premium package.
Supersmashbrada
Install all XP drivers for all deives(?do you mean devices?) What is the point of running Vista? Should we not be looking for the correct drivers to be available.

yes I meant devices sorry. and there should be correct drivers for our equipment but some aren't out yet, nothing we can do about it

This is not gonna happen under Vista man,

You have to wait until Creative get their act together with proper drivers out of beta !,

okay maybe he missed my point, so what if you are running vista, install the xp drivers, they will work.

Oh, sorry about that. I never knew there was a Media Center edition of Vista. Anyways, did you try uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them? Also, did Vista automatically detect and try to install it's own drivers for the card? Also, have u made sure the speakers are plugged in properly?

@supersmashbrada, Windows XP drivers might work but will more than likely cause BSODs due to driver conflicts, so it's not a step I'd recommend to anyone.

Well here I sit having got the download from creative following the sequence of installation shown in the details and, guess what? I have no sound at all.
After the section where you uninstall he driver for the device I restarted the comp as stated. Double clicked on the new driver 2_13_0012 and after the initial screens I get a message that there is no device to install to. Yes I did take heed of the note about the check box. Who do I point to now, Creative or the computer builder Mesh? I have been sold something that is not compatable, and as that is the case Mesh were at fault for installing something that, they must have been aware of, would not work correctly.
Like a million or more computer users in the world I want to buy something that works out of the box. When I bought my new van from the dealer I didn't have to spend hours configuring the engine before I could drive it .
FED UP and FRUSTRATED.

Having had a lousy nights sleep I thought abought using my carpenters screwdriver (it weighs 3lb and you knock nails in with it) to sort out this machine of mine and then with a hint from a very helpful guy on the Mesh care forum checked for dry joints. Sure enough a few ins and outs on the old jack plugs and I was smiling. I HAVE SOUND ON ALL SPEAKERS. Not forgetting the new driver of course which was a b..ch to install. Simple but oh so frustrating.

LOL I could've never thought it would be a hardware problem. Just goes to show what I know about audio cards and the like. :) But I'm glad your problem got solved. Do ask us if you need help with anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back