X1600 pro agp 512mb, broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a custom built computer from www.goldenelectronics.co.uk about 6 months ago, great prices for the spec i ordered but it has never worked properly since it arrived.

Without going on about why it never used to work ill just start with what it is doing now.

Bascially everytime i reformat my pc and install windows it works fine UNTIL i install the graphics card drivers then it never laods up again unless its in safe mode, i have tried lots of different versions of windows from xp home edition, xp professional, media center and even vista home premium. But the computer wont work properly, i have tried other graphcis cards, they work fine for about 2 weeks then this problem starts happening, any suggestions?

Spec:

3.2Ghz Celeron D
2.00 GB RAM
ATI X1600 pro agp 512mb

Help please,

Thanks.

Are the "other graphics cards" the same brand and model, or have you tried other models from other manufacturers? If it happens with other video graphics cards and drivers, you may have a serious Windows problem, or a defective motherboard.
Do a full reformat and reinstall, then reinstall the graphics drivers. If they don't work, go back to the previous driver issue. It that doesn't work, lay it back on the builders, because it is probably a hardware problem difficult to resolve that should be their responsibility.

Thank you for your reply, i actually personally believe the problem lies within the motherboard, the other card i tried was my old nvidia fx 5200 agp, and i have formated the pc more times that you could imagine, infact i ahve just done it again and failing again to get it to work after installing the ati gfx card drivers, for my computer what type of PSU would you think i need, because frankly im sick of it, i thinking of buying a new case, motherboard and swapping my gfx card for a new 1 (the same card) but want to make sure that the power supply i have will cover it,

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back