X1950 PRO or 8600 GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the real question here is...for how long will PC games support DirectX 9?
I am aware to that fact that the X1950 PRO provides better performance and that the X1950 PRO is cheaper....
However, on the other hand the 8600 GTS has DirectX 10 support.....
I really only want to be able to play all the new video games coming out in the next 2 years.
I don't mind running them on medium or low as long as they just work.
I will only be able to upgrade my video card again in 2 years or so.
[I have considered getting the 8800gts but it is too expensive for me right now]

also dont worry about the rest of the PC specs or the power supply since they are powerfull enough.

I had Newegg mail me the 8600 GTS. I got up another $100 and returned for the 8800. I think if you can hold off until you can do that, you may be happier in the long run. It's a big step and you will want to get one that will satisfy you for a long time. The 8800 GTS 320mb Superclocked is a killer GPU. Good Luck.

Well, apparantly the G92 (and the G90?????) will be released around November. If you can wait that long the prices will drop on the G8X line.

First of all thank you for responding ^^.

pdyckman@comcas:
I might reconsider buying a 8800 then...even though it costs a lot of money.
I just wish I could know for how long games will keep DirectX 9 support.

waylander:
No way I can wait that long XD.

it will at least take a year for DX9 games (probably longer) to go away but there will be DirectX10 games coming out in less than 6 months and there are going to be lots who want to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back