Xfx geforce 8800 gts 640mb xxx overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed silencer 470 dell psu and xfx geforce 8800 gts 640mb xxx on my dell dimension 9200. Works great great great!!! Anyways anyone knows how much i can overclock my card?

Let me make an analogy for you here. A computer is like a car. Every part has to work together. Let's say your processor is the engine, the thing that gives it the go, keeps it moving; the motherboard is the chassis, which holds everything together and supports stressful and heavy parts; the video card is the interior, which makes everything look, sound, and feel better to the driver and passengers, and enhances the overall experience of driving.

Well, Masato, you have just stuck this:

Ferrari-Enzo_6-mid.jpg

In this:
1972nova081802.jpg

Overclocking it is going a step further and adding a 7.2 Surround System. Your girlfriend still is not going to want to go for a joyride to Lover's Lane in it, so why bother?

Well, okay, I'll give the 9200 some credit here. It is not an unwashed 1972 Chevy Nova. But it is not the type of system you should consider overclocking.

I fell out my chair on this one, it should be pinned to the top of the forums to scare noobs from destroying their equipment.

Thanks for the positive response. I had no idea it would be this well-received.

Oh, and Masado, as reparations for my sadism right there I have some advice: custom PCs are not hard to build. In fact, there's plenty of threads in here to help, I'm sure. The motherboard manufacturer you buy from normally includes setup information in their user manual. Not to mention, it's a fabulous way to start your magical journey through the world of PC modification.

Ok, everyone thanks for the response! The card itself is overclocked already so i dont think it would be a good idea to overclock it even more.

Also i would like to point out that I wouldve gotten other pc/parts and build the pc if i didnt live in Japan. Japan has the sh*tiest pc parts and expensive as hell. Went to Akihabara many many times checking for parts prices and custom built pc but too expensive. Costs around 2k for an outdated pentium D processor pc.
So best cheapest option for me was dell since that it is only one of the best pcs you can get in Japan. Even the dell dimension was sent from US and some parts from China. Anyways I got the idea and thanks for the great anology.

btw checkout my 3dmark06 scores :)

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultanalyzer.jsp?projectType=14&projectId=2440800

Your equanimity shames me. Now I feel bad.

I'm sure it runs fine, the 9200's aren't exactly s***. But the point is it's not good to try to mess with a stock system too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back