TechSpot

Xiaomi challenges iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy Note 4 with new flagship phablet

By Jos
Jan 15, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Xiaomi, china's top smartphone vendor is known for creating stylish, Apple-like designs at more affordable prices. That has worked quite well so far in its swift upward trajectory. This time around the company is also taking a page from Samsung...

Read more

2. It has no pen support so it isn't a Note 4 competitor in any way, shape, or form! And lets be real.... It won't even sell 1% of what the iPhone 6/6 Plus sell.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

That is one company that is begging to be sued their arse into bankruptcy, but I guess the Chinese wall is too high for the law outside to penetrate, so they continue living off the tit of others. What a disgrace!

4. "It has no pen support so it isn't a Note 4 competitor in any way, shape, or form! And lets be real.... It won't even sell 1% of what the iPhone 6/6 Plus sell."

What is the point of that statement?

5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,518   +506

How come?? There is no unique phone characteristic, they make cheap A class phones, why will they get sued?

6. ajm123

ajm123 TS Rookie

They basically stole the brand name "Note" from Samsung.

7. Kibaruk

So from now on lets call our notebook laptops, because "note" has already been used in a brand.... =P

iCrap!

8. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

Everything they produce is made of pieces stolen from others. Design - from Apple and HTC, name - from Samsung, etc. They make nothing original whatsoever, they live on creativity of others, like a parasite, copying others and selling for cheap.

9. Laf904

Laf904 TS Member Posts: 19

Like all the rest coming from China... :)

10. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,561   +862

I love how some people seem to think anyone has been creative or original in the smartphone market since the very beginning...

waqasr and Kibaruk like this.
  11. emmzo

emmzo TS Booster Posts: 113   +15

In my ignorance I was mocking a friend who had bought a Xiaomi Mi4 phone, but after playing with it a little I was really impressed. It`s fast and has a nice build. I really hope they`ll expand their markets. Competition is always good.

12. Kibaruk

I'm sorry but... your point should've been they take overpriced pieces of plastic garbage, and they actually make them better cheaper pieces that don't actually feel like overpriced garbage.

tomkaten likes this.
  13. Apple and Samsung did exactly the same thing!

tomkaten likes this.
  14. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

Who cares as long as the quality is good, the price is right and it has good support. I'm certainly not too proud to use a Xiaomi product even if I can't pronounce or even read their silly name.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  15. "The world’s third largest smartphone maker.." so, it's not Huawei anymore? *confused*

16. "Note" itself is not a trademark, on the other hand "Galaxy Note" is a trademark. That being said, the Chinese company announced it as "Mi Note" which is different than galaxy. Same analogy MicroSoft and SquareSoft, does Soft represent a trademark? No.

17. No but the Galaxy Note is supposed to resemble a notepad to write notes in. There is no logical reason for Xiaomi to use the word note in their product unless they mean it to right notes with (no stylus) or they're basically named it similar to the galaxy note series for publicity

18. Given that Xiaomi steals features from iPhone and the Galaxy's, those companies too should teach Xiaomi a lesson by stealing its price tag.