TechSpot

xmlparse.dll error for Yahoo

By cshell4642
Jan 10, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out problems,but this one has me stumped. A couple of months ago I installed a larger hard drive in the laptop and reinstalled Windows, consequently also had to reinstall everything else with no problems till I decide to reinstall Yahoo IM. I downloaded the program and when it gets to installing it I get an error message that says " GLJ19.tmp- Entry point not found." and goes on to say " The procedure entry point XML_GetCurrentLine Number could not be located in the dynamic link library xmlparse.dll"
    I looked around on the internet and found a site that said that xmlparse.dll,xmltok.dll and pcre.dll needed to be in the Windows/System directory. xmlparse and xmltok, were in the directory but not pcre.dll. DL and stuck in in there and I'm still getting the error msg. Any ideas?
    I have an HiJack this log if you need it. Thanks.
  2. cshell4642

cshell4642 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 33

I've waited 3 days now and can't seem to get an answer. What is it? There were a couple others with IM problems no one answered either. Is this subject taboo?
  3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

Um,could you try Trillian ?
  4. bbws4every1

bbws4every1 TS Rookie

I am now having the same problem with this xmlparse.dll error message. Did you ever get it figured out or get yahoo IM working? If yes how did you do it? I have XP on my system.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.