XP and USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hey gang,

I have a little problem I was wondering if any of you have. I have Win XP Pro, and several devices hooked up to my computer with USB. I keep getting those annoying balloon windows popping up that says one of your USB devices is not recognized by XP. I can go to Device manager and everything is fine. I have hooked various things to all my USB ports and they all work and will recognize my hardware. But I keep getting this ???

Anyone else get this little annoyance ??

Do you just wanna get rid of the ballon? Here ya go according to Maximum PC's **** Matthews:

From inside the regedit browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and creat a DWORD key named EnableBallonTips. Set the value at 0. Once you reboot, all the "helpful" WinXP ballon pop-ups will be gone.

This was published in the March 2002 Maximum PC under the Windows Tips for Morons column.

It looks like your USB devices are working. Its just Windows causing some havoc.

Thanks SVT, I do read and subscribe to MPC and saw that article, I couldn't find it around my house. I figured it was an annoyance but wanted to see if anyome had the same or similar problem.
Again thanks for the reply.

I despise those little balloon tips. I had them before I got Tweak XP and that little program took care of all my worries! :)

Some of the things Microsoft does with their OS boggles my mind sometimes. These things seem pretty useless to me. I guess some of the newbies like think they're "cool" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back