Xp loading error due to patitioning fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys n Gals
Hope this is the right place 2 post.
My Compaq EVO `XP pro copy´will not start into windows, I was attempting to finaly load a legitimate version of XPSP1,
I have my HD divided into 2 patitions C and D "D is empty" it loaded onto D, But I wanted it on C and continue using it the normal way.
Thinking if I get rid of the D partition it will load and replace or update the copy on C automaticly.
I started Partiton Magic (I think that was the program) followed the instructions, it said it will not work until I changed the cluster size so both partitions are the same, I followed the instructions and changed the size with the program, it shut,down and now it will not load windows,
I tried every option
Start normaly,
last good config.
with/without CD.
I always get the same blue sceen responce
Disable or unins. anti vir., disk defrag., or backup util., Run CHKDSK /F for HD corruption (how on XP)
Thechnical info
*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001901FD, 0x82E69238, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)
I even started the attemt to reinstall XP from disk but it mentioned it will have to format C and all data will be lost,
There are too many family pics and baby pics for me to consider this.

Thank you for your time and effort. I try I get the same msg, A prob has been detected and Win has been shut down.........

I now cant even get my pc past the black sceen, to boot up, just some beebs at the begining beeeep beep beep.not sign on the screen, cd starts a couple of revs, HD is running but thats it.

I have got it to give me the options Safe Mode, with networking,with Command Prompt, Last Good Config, Normaly.
I cannot get past this screen to start the Recovery console.
Is there another way I could try and at least transfer pictures from Pc to Laptop in its current state.

Thanks mate, I could kiss ya. It worked, I deleted my D partition ran fixboot, typed exit, booted from cd last good config. and now she´s running.
Now all I need to do is save my stuff to cd, format the whole thing and reload XP then give it to my sohn and get myself a newone.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back