xp pro cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesmartidiot

hey, my windows xp sp1 disc bit the dust the other day, and im gonna need it in a day or 2 when my new mainboard comes. i cant find JUST THE DISC anywhere, they are always packaged with a license (which i paid 156 for the first time and its on the front of my box). i cant find an iso download or anything, and my other computer is xp home, so i cant use that disc. i was 13 or 14 when i got my first disc from the computer shop, and it was copied ( cause i started getting mad when it didnt come with a disc) so i dont know how illigal that was but itd be nice to reformat my drive again, so anyone know any websites that sell the disc or let you get the iso?

i know some dudes gonna come by and close this cause it says download....

just keep in mind i bought the license sticker already

If you have the XP Pro sticker on your PC all you need is a XP Pro OEM CD. Search for this and when you install it you can put in your licence key during install.

you can buy an oem windows xp pro sp2 cd from here:
www.softwareoutlet.com
back in november, i paid $79.00 for it. it's an oem cd and comes with c.o.a. and key. now, it's listed for $89.00
you can give it a try.
by the way, if you already have your sticker of license, you can borrow a cd from somebody else and use your key. (the cd's have to be the same kind).

alidabiri is right, if yours was an OEM disk you can use another OEM disk with your key. Retail disk you need a retail disk to use your key. I'm not sure, but I don't think your key will work with an SP2 disk.

You will need the same type disc as the original. If the original was Windows XP Service Pack 1 or 2002, you will need that same disc. A service pack 2 disc will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back