XP Pro Product Key???

Status
Not open for further replies.

damienb

can anyone help me?? i bought a copy of xp pro and office 2003 off ebay. it looks like ive been stitched up tho. i know the office 2003 works but the key ive been given for xp doesn't. any odeas on what i should do? does anyone know a valid key????

Damien

You won't find keys here. Try to contact Microsoft & see if they can help you in any way.

They could probably identify if it's a warezed key or at least if it has already been registered to someone else's name. Maybe with some information on the eBay seller, they could even give you a free copy (remains to be seen though).

Remains to be seen because I've never been in that situation so I can't promise the outcome.

I think that what Didou was getting as it there have been reports that Microsoft will give you a valid Copy of Windows if you bought one that wasn't legal.

Although haven't heard too much of them actually handing these things out just Microsoft saying they will if you tell them where you got it, and all the stuff I remember seeing about it mostly delt with if you went down to a local computer shop and bought a new computer. Then instead of giving you a legal copy of windows the shop put something on there that would word and saved them money. So I don't know if they will do anyting with your situation with buying it off ebay, but it is really your only option right now.

does anyone know hitman450 as he is the guy i bought it from off ebay!?! he's a regitered user here.

Damien

damienb said:
does anyone know hitman450 as he is the guy i bought it from off ebay!?! he's a regitered user here.

Damien
How do you know it is the same person? Did you meet here or on Ebay first?

Are you sure you haven't bought the upgrade version mate? Most copies of XP Pro on ebay are OEM Upgrade only CD's which means you need a copy of XP Home/98 to install it. I'd go back and have a look at the ebay listing and check it doesn't say Upgrade on it

no hitman450 here or on ebay
unless my search is messed up
if you have a legal disc retail call MS and give them the numbers off of disc they wil tell you all bout it
if oem you are out of luck they will tell you to call the oem vender
if it is a copyed disc not holographic that is illegal for anyone to sell or use accept the original owner for backup purpose

Well, you could always file a claim with your credit card company or paypal and see what they say. If you bought it within the last month or so they will most likely give you back your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back