XP Pro won't boot normal, safe mode, last known good configuration or CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been running really slow and I was in the process of removing files before I would reformat the hard drive. Now before I could remove all my files I had to reboot several times because of freezing. Now my computer starts up and gets to windows logo screen then blue screen and then reboots. It then goes to the options screen with three different safe mode options, last known good configuration, start windows normally. I have tried all of these options and it just ends up rebooting and going to the options screen. I have even tried the advance options mode F8 and all end up with the same result. I have tried booting from the CD but it doesn't recognize it and just ignores the CD and reboots to the same scenario.

What should I do now?

Hello, and welcome to Techspot!

Change the BIOS settings when your computer starts up so you change it to boot from the CD (usually to get into BIOS you press F2 when you pc first starts), then follow this guide: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html to perform a windows repair, this reinstalls all your windows system files but leaves everything else alone.

Good luck!,
Dan

I'd ru na diagnostic on the hard drive before reinstalling, or you could be in exactly the same position.

Download the tool from whatever make of Hard Drive you have, make the Floppy {or CD}, boot from that and run the test.

The symptoms you've described are indicative of a failing HDD.

Well I got it to boot from the CD by changing the boot order from F2. I went to the XP setup screen and I tried to do a repair and got the blue screen again with this error message:

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Stop: 0x00000050 (0xC6C80000, 0x00000000, 0x807EA8E8, 0x00000000)

Then I tried the maxtor utility disc for hard drive analysis and the hard drive failed the scan with the error code:Y62S57 and then it informed me that I need to contact Maxtor and give them that error code.

Sounds like my drive is fried. What do the rest of you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back