TechSpot

XP scanning problem

By lamensterms
Oct 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey dudes,
    im having a problem scanning using the XP scanning wizard. im using a HP All-in-one officejet G85. when i first run the wizard i get to the stage where i should be able to preview before i scan, but when i hit the preview button i get a pop-up message saying "An error occured during preview. If the scanner is being used, please wait for it to complete the task, then click preview." i can manage to scan the image, but i cannot alter any of the scan settings(i get the same message).

I have tried scanning using Adobe Photoshop CS2, but when i hit the import button, i get a message saying "Could not complete the import command because there is no scanner installed"

i have tried re-installing the scanner/printer, but it doesnt help. i have had no problems printing. i went to the HP web site and updated my drivers and they are all good.

im running XP sp2, on a 3gig CPU, with 1gig RAM and an 80gig HDD.

any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 544

The HP all in one should have it's own programs with the install disk. I would advise using the HP program in the install disk instead of any other program. HP's are a little fickle. Try it.
  3. lamensterms

lamensterms TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 85

ill give that a go. i dont think i have the hp disk anymore, but ill have a look on their website for some software. one thing i tried was i plugged the scanner in using USB rather than the other cord and plug. i get the same message as before using the windows scanning wizard and photoshop. so it didnt help at all. i still have no problem printing.

cheers.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.