XP Service Pack 2 problems--screen goes blank after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettyboop911

I just installed Service Pack 2 for XP. Everything downloaded okay, but when I restarted computer, after the XP Logo appeared on the screen, it just went blank. Tried it a couple of times--it happens every time. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

3 days ago i had the same problem. There is nothing else you can do then to just uninstall Service Pack 2. When you computer boots (after the POST and before he actually starts to load windows) press F8 and go to save mode. Mustly he will startup now without much problems. use system restore point to set your configuration back to a point before you installed SP2.

ater you have done that he will reboot automiticly and your troubles should be gone. If he still doesnt boot in safe mode, try a a program like Winternals.

good luck on this one

Have you tried to boot your system in Safe Mode after the botched SP2 installation?

It may be very possible to uninstall your graphics adapter, restart the computer and get video, then manually install a working video driver that works with SP2.

Downloading the latest video driver for your system prior to the SP2 installation may work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back