XP Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made some changes to my service's after reading the Tweaking Guide at: http://www.3dspotlight.com/tweaks/winxp_services/services-3.shtml
I only changed 3 services at a time waited for a day and did 3 more. I went to change them all back to the default settings and I am now missing some of the services. The ones that are missing are not any of the ones I changed. I'm missing: Alerter, Computer Browser, Virtual Nic Service, Messenger, + Workstation. Is this a result from changing any of the services or from some other changes that have been made?
Why do they no longer show up? Where did they go?
They are not even listed in the registry now.
Doug

I've never heard of services disappearing entirely. What did you change, then? Did you get any dependency warnings? Have you checked what Event Viewer says?

services

I stopped and turned back on: Server, Remote Registry, SSDP Discovery Services, DNS Client,Network Location Awareness,DHCP Client. I had no problems while they were off.
Doug

If you uninstall some stuff some will disappear from that listing. I'd guess from Network Connections you removed File & Printer Sharing & Client for Microsoft Networks.

Nothing to worry about, it's meant to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back