XP shows multiple firewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have Norton Internet Professional installed on my PC - I since have removed it. I used add/ remove Programs, I used the Symantec NRT (removal tool), I cleaned the registry manually, but can't stop the windows security center from indicating that I have mutiple firewalls. When I disable MS firewall it still show that NIS is present. Any ideas on how to remove NIS altogether.

Go to Device Manager and tell it to show hidden devices. Under non-PnP, uninstall anything that looks like Norton.

nis shows as a second firewall after it was uninstalled

Nodsu said:
Go to Device Manager and tell it to show hidden devices. Under non-PnP, uninstall anything that looks like Norton.

Thank you , But there is no indication of norton or symantec

Go to the Nortons/Symantec site... and Download there Cleaner... beleive me it works... (It will also delete/clean all your installed and working programs).
so when they say CLEAN they mean CLEAN... mostly what your OS is reading is junk registery files.... I also use Reg1stAid it has the ability to look only for specific programs.... and does a very good job... BUT YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU REMOVE....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back