XP shows multiple firewalls

By pkelly
May 4, 2006
  1. I did have Norton Internet Professional installed on my PC - I since have removed it. I used add/ remove Programs, I used the Symantec NRT (removal tool), I cleaned the registry manually, but can't stop the windows security center from indicating that I have mutiple firewalls. When I disable MS firewall it still show that NIS is present. Any ideas on how to remove NIS altogether.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Go to Device Manager and tell it to show hidden devices. Under non-PnP, uninstall anything that looks like Norton.
  3. pkelly

pkelly TS Rookie Topic Starter

nis shows as a second firewall after it was uninstalled

Thank you , But there is no indication of norton or symantec
  4. Frank Smith

Frank Smith TS Rookie Posts: 75

Go to the Nortons/Symantec site... and Download there Cleaner... beleive me it works... (It will also delete/clean all your installed and working programs).
    so when they say CLEAN they mean CLEAN... mostly what your OS is reading is junk registery files.... I also use Reg1stAid it has the ability to look only for specific programs.... and does a very good job... BUT YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU REMOVE....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.