Xphe stop error 0x000000ED - unique position

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an old school PC user switched to Mac 8 years ago and not familiar with XP troubleshooting. I am sort of lost here and really need some feedback. Here is what happened:

I'm using a Dell Latitude laptop with XPhe. Its basically used as a typewriter. The really bad thing is that there is no network connection or floppy or CD drive on the machine. The only hardware i use with the computer is my ScanDisk thumb drive.

Was working on a very important file last night. This morning I go to start work again and get Blue Screen of Death. Error code is 0x000000ED (0x80DFBE30, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Said "Unmountable_Boot_Volume." tried safe mode but didn't work.

I was hoping i could change the boot sequence to this thumb drive and do either a reinstall or system restore. However, i can't access the BIOS. I realize i may be a ***** but i would appreciate any suggestions. All i care about is that one file. I am currently reading up on the issue so as not to be clueless when/if anyone responds. Thanks!

I didn't think a Windows formatted hard drive would work with a mac. Is this not the case?

Any suggestions for getting the laptop working after retrieving the file. I assume i could just scandisk and reinstall xp while it is a slave?

thanks kimsland, i'll see if this works.

The new Macs should read it (actually I don't really know)
But you'll need to purchase the adaptor either way.

As for getting it to work, run a Check Disk on it from another computer (when it's connected via the adaptor , ideally a Windows Desktop)

Also is it an Xpi or an Xp, I think Xpi had a CD drive, I've got the Master bios password for that too: r6aszrxx
Unrelated I know, but I might not get another chance !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back