TechSpot

Yahoo files lawsuit against soon-to-be-public Facebook

By Jos
Mar 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo has filed a lawsuit against Facebook claiming that the company is infringing on 10 of its patents covering advertising, privacy controls, social networking, among other things. The timing is…

Read the whole story

2. Somian

Somian TS Rookie

Patents on something as obvious as privacy settings?

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,112   +1,523

Yahoo suing for patent infringements, talk about a dark hall looking to be in the Spotlight once more.

Yahoo, do a little in-house cleanup and be worthy of the Spotlight once more. The majority of users do not care about the smut you allow in your chat rooms.

4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,095   +43

Are you really complaining about Yahoo because of people in their chatrooms?

This seems like such an insignificant factor to base your statements on, or I could be misinterpreting what you wrote here...

5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,112   +1,523

Meaning Yahoo needs to work on in-house rather than point a finger at someone else for their short comings. That was only one example of which I am personally disgusted with. It's not real people I'm complaining about.

6. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Yet more corporate lawfare in place of innovation. Corporate lawyers must rejoice at how their owned politicians have "fixed" the patent system. It's as big a mess as the entertainment industry's bought-and-paid-for copyright system. Lawfare - the legal specialty of the future. In the U.S., let's all thank the ex-prosecutors and future lobbyists who run Congress.

7. jackal2687

jackal2687 TS Member Posts: 70   +11

For Yahoo, this may be perhaps the only thing keeping their heads above water as far as business goes.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.