TechSpot

Yahoo redesigns Flickr, adds 1 terabyte of free storage and more

By Dave LeClair
May 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hot on the heels of Yahoo spending a whopping $1.1 billion on Tumblr, the company has just released a huge update to Flickr. And to go along with the completely redesigned look and feel of the photo service, it is...

Read more

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,601   +110

I couldn't upload an image because I had the old site's cached design. Had to clear my cache before the new design showed up and allowed me to upload again. To be honest I liked it before as it was clear and ordered for browsing images. Now it's too much like a silly windows phone live title UI. Don't like it.

About to take a look at the new Flickr app for Android. I'd stopped using the old one and switched to Glimmr instead as it was considerably better. I'm guessing it's just going to be the same as the updated iOS one.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,593   +352

This should be (or should have been) a huge move to revive Flickr, after all 1TB of free storage is like when Gmail offered a free gigabyte of email space and broke Hotmail's piss poor 5 megabytes.

Unfortunately it seems Yahoo's execution is falling short in a number of ways, particularly with Pro accounts which photographers and Flickr's most loyal users have been paying for, they are not getting the storage extension and are given the option to go free but lose features.

4. I stopped using Yahoo ever since they gave the Chinese government access to the accounts of some users. YAHOO CANNOT EVER BE TRUSTED AGAIN!!!

5. Don't forget Microsoft gave the Chinese government access to the accounts of some users too!

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +919

Yeah, 50 bucks for removing ads? No thanks.

7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

The internet itself can't be trusted, but here we are still using it lol

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.