Year 2000 Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just upgraded my computer with a new mobo, cpu and HD so i'm not sure if this is a hardware or software question, if this is in the wrong forum please forgive me.
When i first loaded windows i didn't put the right date in somehow i put 2000 in the date. I changed the date when the OS was fullly loaded
But now when i try to load Norton it says my subscription is out of date, it says installed 2000 and and subscription ended 2001
I've done everything i can think of to fully uninstall Norton, uninstalled the program, used their removal tool, removed everything from Registry with Registry Mechanic, done everything i can think of but it still keeps happening.
So i wondered if there is a date somewhere related to the computer as opposed to the software that keeps telling Norton its the year 2000.
I've checked the date in the Bios and it is the right date.
Thank you for your help

Doesn't sound like your computer is reporting the wrong date. As long as it shows the right date in both BIOS and windows, it should be right. Norton Live Update is a paid service, meaning you actually have to pay them (annually i think) to get the updates. If you have legitimately subscribed to their service then i suggest you contact their customer support. If you have not subscribed and do no wish to pay to get virus protection (assuming you're talking about Norton AV), then I suggest you get this very good free antivirus program (better than Norton imo): AVG Anti Virus

here's their site: http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back