Yet another BSOD

By Aninda
Apr 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

So i had some serious issues with my PC a while back. I ended up formatting everything, reinstalling Windows 7 all over again.
    Now while I was trying to install Windows, it kept giving me a checksum error and I could just never install it.

I removed one of my RAM's, and everything ran smoothly then on. All my previous winrar issues etc, seemed to be because of this RAM. Everything was good now.

But AGAIN, another BSOD. This is making my head spin. Could someone look at it and see what's going on?

I'm attaching the zipped minidump file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

This crash dump relates to memory corruption, it could be that you have another RAM stick that has failed.

If you have more than one RAM stick remaining try running the PC on one at a time and then if no faults occur try moving a known good stick into the other RAM slots as the fault could be in the slot or on the motherboard. You need to run the PC for a while and run something that uses lots of memory like games or videos.

If you only have one stick remaing follow this guide.

3. Aninda

Aninda TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Mark. I had two memory sticks, 2GB each. So now I just have one left. I'm trying to run some games using this one. It seems fine till now. I did change it to a different slot though.
    I'll run that memory test later tonight also.
    And maybe put it back in the original slot and try all this again. Lets see what happens.
    Thanks again, much appreciated.