Yet another soon to be widespread MS Exploit

By SNGX1275
Oct 1, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just got this in an e-mail from our public relations IT guy on campus. Enjoy:
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Yeah I heard about this the other day. People who are using dial up connections are being re-routed to some place overseas and being charged an ungodly amount of money per minute to connect. It is all going throught his active X exploit. This isn't good, but what do you expect from M$
  3. XtR-X

XtR-X Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,040

Oh man that's horrible. I just placed a credit card order of about 1,000+ dollars.
  4. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

That is interesting, I'd like to know how they do this after the connection is established. since the call has already been made and dialing is impossible while the connection is there.
  5. poertner_1274

I'll see if I can't find the article for you. I'll post back later.
  6. poertner_1274

Ok I found this, but I saw this actually on thescreensavers or callforhelp, but I couldn't find an article about it.
    And this article is kind of vague, doesn't say exactly what happens, just gives an example. But it shows the point.
  7. poertner_1274

Oh yeah, I found that here
  8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

Not sure if this is related - might be a seperate issue from what's being discussed here, but...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.