TechSpot

YouTube offers face blurring in one click

By Rick
Jul 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Heeding input from human rights activists and this 2011 Cameras Everywhere report, YouTube has added a feature which aims to protect the privacy of individuals involved in controversial video footage. The new feature, "Blur All Faces", now appears in YouTube's……

Read more

2. voivod

voivod TS Rookie

the problem is, one poster of same video event can forget to blur. facezap.com does this with photos

3. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

"feature which aims to protect the privacy of individuals involved in controversial video footage...Citing sensitive protest footage"

What privacy rights? There is no privacy when you're in a public place. If you don't want to be caught protesting on camera, wear a bandanna over your face if it is legal in your municipality, or simply don't go to the protest to begin with. Better yet, if you don't want to be caught on camera, don't leave your house at all.

4. Besides the extremely anal parents of California and their children this serve only to hide criminal actions, which in it self should be illegal. If your a law abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about, nothing to hide. The biggest issue with this feature is that the person uploading the video (who recorded it) has to make the choice to blur faces or not, the people in the video don't have much of a say.

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,147   +737

yeah, but this is a free country, and I should be free to do whatever I like without there being any consequences. It's why I blame McDonalds for my weight problem, videogames for my kids' violent streak, and the govt for my crappy job.
    Accountability is for suckers, Wendigo.

Wendig0 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.